I am so fed up with these coral lipsticks. They have been everywhere since spring. The good news? What's the "coral" of the fall ? Hmm think merlot wine. Celebrities and models really love this trend.
Wine hues on the lips are so hot next season. Deep plummy reds, dark raspberry tones, brown burgundy lips. You can play with textures as well, matte or glossy pout ? Ombre or not ?
So how to pull off this trend ? Lets see.
If you decide to go super bold with your wine lipstick, just make sure you keep everything else really simple. Maybe just mascara and a nude eyeshadow on the lid. Smudgy eyes are a no no unless you are going for the full goth queen look.
- Enhance your face structure by contouring and highlighting
- Keep brows natural and not super filled
- Use a brown toned blush (avoid pinks and corals as they might draw attention away from the lips)
- Make sure your teeth are quite white before wearing a wine lipstick with a strong brown tint, go for deep raspberry tones instead.
Not everyone though fancies super dark and bold lip combos. That doesn't mean you can't be on trend!
-Try lighter plummy shades like these below
- Bring warmth to the face by using a slightly brownish-burgundy blush
- Add some shimmer on the lids. Light smokey browns are also lovely
Women Inside Loves
Other Suggested Lipsticks